Many of you have been quite enjoying the Tajik music videos that I have posted, and with the abundance of osh puns that were flying around on Thursday night, I dug around and finally got my hands on one of the all time treasures of Tajik music videos, sung by the illustrious rock star Suhrob Otaev himself (I actually went to his concert and it was by far the most memorable concert I have EVER been to). So here you are... see-through shirt and all! Have no shame Suhrob, you ROCK!
Let me provide you with a rough translation:
Everyone knows, everyone eats, tasty thing, oshi palao,
Everyone knows, everyone eats, tasty thing, oshi palao,
tasty thing, oshi palao
Go to panjshanbe bazaar,
After buying lots of things (?)
On the Kat (sitting platform) at the teahouse
Sit together with your friends
Oshi Palao tastes good,
Oshi Palao is tasty
(something my rusty Tajik can't decipher)
Tajik Oshi Palao
Everyone knows, everyone eat, Oshi Palao.....
Oshi Palao is interesting
(something else I don't know) is interesting
5:00am is interesting
Breakfast osh is interesting
Everyone knows, everyone eats, oshi palao... (and so on... busting a groove)
So there you all go, another look into my twisted fascination with Tajik media! Love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment