Saturday, April 9, 2011

a cynic on her way to recovery...

So, I just realized yesterday that while this term has been wild and hectic and STRESSFUL, I am starting to get tired of myself whining and complaining all the time and moaning about this 15 page paper or that exam...(you are all saints for not only putting up with it but encouraging me along the way!). Well yesterday after an exam and going out with a few girls and having a massive rant-fest about the uselessness of university education, and how nearly the only thing that we seem to be learning is how to be cranky bitter cynics that point out what everyone is doing wrong, (even though it sometimes seems to be cathartic and can allow you to convince yourself of your great intelligence) it's all rather meaningless.
That said, I am determined to power through these final challenges so that I can spend some quality time with those I care about instead of this crazy computer. I once heard a man speak who called himself a recovering cynic. He talked about his path through cynicism to the point of action and creation of new ideas. I want to be that person, so here I am, on my way to recovery... I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment