It has been a number of months, but now that the weather has cooled a bit, I find that I am really enjoying getting back into learning how to cook from scratch. This was one of the things that I really enjoyed before but with the business and intense heat I didn't really have the time or the energy for it until now.
Recently we have had a number of the new recruits have been cooking meals from their cultures and so I figured it was time for a mennonite meal. While not desparing the lack of real, home smoked farmer sausage, I managed to pull of Verenekji (dough wrapped around a cottage cheese filling), Shmaunfat (white cream gravy) fried onions and a version of pluma mousse (fruit soup) for dessert.

This is definitely not the healthiest of meals, but oh it was yummy! A couple days after this I actually was able to pull off Chili for 13 people and am hosting Thanksgiving dinner this weekend! Thank goodness I have a crowd to eat it all! That said, of course I am going to be missing a wonderful Thanksgiving at the cabin, but it will be good to be with Canadians none the less! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment