Barfi Avallin Muborak! (Happy 1st snow!)
One day sun and thin sweaters, the next day snow and avalanches... Winter has come to Tajikistan!
I came home today to find that the snow had quite literally scared the leaves off my tree. I KNOW there were leaves covered in snow on this tree this morning, and now it's looking a bit naked, particularly since it's still holding on to all it's fruit! (Persimmons)
Its at this time that one wants to just snuggle in and let the world go by (aka hibernation), and settle in for a quiet and leisurely winter... unfortunately my calendar disagrees and I find I have to keep kicking myself to keep from settling in. After all it's only 16 days until I start my trek home (a 12 day trek with a great many hours in cars and planes- better charge up my kindle!).
I'm starting to eagerly look forward to listening to CBC radio without worrying about how much bandwidth its using, baking with my nieces and nephews and friends, long chats over coffee, fireworks over a frozen lake, picking cranberries and making juice, tromping through knee-deep snow, and cozying up with a good book to read in front of the wood stove (either by myself or with my nieces and nephews) at the cabin!
Oh December, I have big plans for you!


No comments:
Post a Comment