Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Treasure

Today was one of those days that I learned a LOT about myself. If you have every had one of these days, you know what I'm talking about. It knocked my pride down a notch or 2 or 10, it involved tears, desperation, a bout of shouting, exasperation, attempts at distraction and denial, tears, hugs, and finally a tenuous result. Phew! What a day! The feeling of clarity that comes with this, and the knowledge that even though many of my faults became glaringly clear today, I also was reminded of how far many things have come. Today's events 5 years ago would have yielded entirely different results, which I see as progress! Painful and slow though it may be... at least I'm moving forward. I guess that's what treasure is all about isn't it... generally it's not just lying in front of you for you to pick up, but it's something that takes the time and effort and energy to seek out, and is sometimes very elusive. Today I found a little piece of treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment