Monday, January 24, 2011

Here goes nothing!

Hey there everyone, here I go, jumping into the blogosphere...blogworld...blogistan...whatever. I figured if I ever plan on keeping up with a blog in Tajikistan, it is a good idea to get used to using it here and now before I fly over the great big ocean, where it seems like my grasp and ability regarding technology seems to take a massive nose-dive. So, here we are... getting on towards the end of January, I have sent out my first newsletter and am hoping to purchase the Winnipeg-Toronto portion of my trip THIS WEEK! Woo Hoo! It is looking like I'll be leaving Winnipeg on May 1, fly to Toronto, then via Iceland to Sweden! I will have the great pleasure of meeting up with my company's director there and will spend one week in meetings (and get to see some former team-mates) before flying into Tajikistan somewhere between the 11th and 14th of May. Since I have never really done this blogging thing and I am not doing things that are all that interesting these days I'll likely use this mostly to post links to videos and things about Tajikistan that I find online. I'll try to fiddle with videos a bit so I can work out the kinks before I leave.  For Example, find below a cheezy favorite Tajik music video that is all about the city of Khujand (where I was last time) and that it is the most beautiful city in the world with background shots. I love the 80's hair blowing in the wind!



Here is another one from a persian Michael Jackson! The Popfather of Persia

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe he hasn't caught on over here yet!!
    Plainsman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how they modified "The Godfather" movie logo for "The Popfather" - see here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068646/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is my new favorite music video. SO awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete