So this weekend, when I should have been catching up on all the school work I missed from being sick this week, I did anything but that. I did of course get lots of OTHER things done like planning out some of the many details of the Tajikistan Experience that I am planning for you all on March 3! Any of you in Winnipeg (or within driving distance) consider this your invite! March 3, 7pm, come to 221 Hampton Street and join in an adventure! Just bring your sense of humor and a willingness to play along and we'll have a blast and hopefully I'll be able to communicate a bit better what life in Tajikistan is really like and what I`m going to be doing there by having you live at least part of it. We won`t be a huge group from the sounds of things, so a time of Q&A will work great along with lots of pictures, stories and... Tajik MUSIC VIDEOS! Oh yeah, you think Popfather is great, just wait until you see the one entirely devoted to Osh, and not the city either, the country`s national dish, that`s right, and entire song devoted to one dish!
This afternoon I also had two lovely ladies over to bake cookies and cupcakes! It was SWEET! get it... okay I know I`m lame. We had a great time and one of the greatest moments was as follows:
``Sarah, quit jumping on the floor, someone lives below me!`` Sarah, quit jumping on my couch!``... 2 minutes later... ``Sarah... are you jumping on my BED!`` Apparently it was all in an attempt to scare the living daylights out of my cat so that he would be force to flee his cave under the bed in search of refuge elsewhere. Ahh we had a good time. Here are a few quick pics from that.
No comments:
Post a Comment